Saturday, September 22, 2012

Claus: Legend of a Fat Man

Claus: Legend of the Fat Man by Tony Bertauski (Goodreads Author) Some legends are forged in fire. Others are born in snow. In the early 1800s, Nicholas, Jessica and Jon Santa attempt the first human trek to the North Pole and stumble upon an ancient race of people left over from the Ice Age. They are short, fat and hairy. They slide across the ice on scaly soles and carve their homes in the ice that floats on the Arctic Ocean. The elven are adapted to life in the extreme cold. They are as wise as they are ancient. Their scientific advancements have yielded great inventions -- time-stopping devices and gravitational spheres that build living snowmen and genetically-modified reindeer that leap great distances. They’ve even unlocked the secrets to aging. For 40,000 years, they have lived in peace. Until now. An elven known as The Cold One has divided his people. He’s tired of their seclusion and wants to conquer the world. Only one elven stands between The Cold One and total chaos. He’s white-bearded and red-coated. The Santa family will help him stop The Cold One. They will come to the aid of a legendary elven known as… Claus.

I want to thank Tony for giving me the opportunity to read and review Claus: Legend of the Fat Man. I really enjoyed his take on the becoming of Santa Claus. I do have some pro's and con's of the book. The pro's are that the way everything was described from the elven living quarters to the way Nicholas, Jessica, and Jon transformed to survive in the north pole was very creative and well thought out. I really felt connected to the character's and their issue's. I rooted for the good guy's to win and really hoped Jack got what he deserved. The con's of the book are that it could of been slightly faster paced, It wasnt too slow to the point that I lost interest but I did feel that it dragged in a couple of spots. All in all I think it was a good read and I would recommend it to anyone that want's a good christmas story unlike any that I have read before.

No comments:

Post a Comment